After public calls for donations towards the cost of palm trees, an avenue of Washingtonia filifera (Cotton Palm) was Read more [...]
Place Category: South Australia
This was the site of the original plantings of Pinus radiata (formerly P. insignis) undertaken on Arbor day the 20/08/1915 to commemorate the men of the district serving in WW1. It was located on the western side of St Andrew’s Terrace Willunga, in South Australia.
In 1952 the District Council of Willunga decided to widen and bituminise St Andrews Terrace and all the memorial pine trees were removed.
- More Info* Name (Original Database):