The Willunga Memorial Avenue (2) was established on 10/09/1915 to commemorate WW1. This is located in St Peter’s Terrace Willunga, in South Australia.
As there were not enough trees available on the previous month’s memorial plantings along St. Andrew’s Terrace, a row of four white cedar trees (Melia azedarach, – obtained from the Conservator of Forests) was planted on Saturday 10th September 1915 along St. Peter’s Terrace. Members of the Progress Association tree planting sub-committee planted the trees. As the war dragged on, more young men left the district to join the war, so another Arbor Day planting of 6o trees took place in July 1916.