The original Pyramid Hill Avenue of Honour was established in 1929 to commemorate WW1 service and sacrifice. Comprising a double row of Sugar Gums (Eucalyptus cladocalyx), this Avenue extended along Victoria Street, from where the current swimming pool is located at the eastern entry to the town, heading westward toward the intersection with Kelly Street.
At some time it was deemed necessary to remove the Sugar Gums.
A new Avenue of Honour was created in a slip-road median strip, directly adjacent Victoria Street, forming part of the RSL Memorial Gardens. The memorial gum trees form a double-row for the length of the two sections of median strip .