All Places

  •  

    Mont Albert Avenue of Honour

    This WW1 commemorative avenue of nine (9) trees were planted by local citizens of Mont Albert, in Churchill Street, Mont Albert, Victoria. This was in response to Queen Elizabeth’s state tour and as that she was driven down Churchill Street. The trees were established exactly 50 years after the ANZAC Read more [...]

  • Goodwood Oval Memorial Trees

    Goodwood Oval, previously known as Goodwood Recreation Ground, has had many separate tree-plantings over the years to commemorate soldiers who served in World War One and World War Two. On different occasions, trees were planted by local school children, Druids, and the Forestville Hockey Club. The first planting of memorial Read more [...]

  • Addison Road, Hove

    Norfolk Island Pines (Araucaria heterophylla) were the species of choice, in the establishment of the Addison Road, Hove, Trees of Tribute honour avenue for WW2 servicemen from the Glenelg, Brighton and Marion districts.  The trees were presumably planted sometime in late August/early September 1941, after initial arrangements for the planting Read more [...]

  • Mount Pleasant School Memorial Trees

    On Friday 30 July 1915, three trees were planted at the Mount Pleasant School by “Mr. Thomson, Mr. Tamblyn (head teacher), and Miss Stibbles (assistant teacher), in memory of two old scholars—Privates A. H. Bax and E. H. Jenzen—and General Birdwood, who were killed with the Australians on the Gallipoli Read more [...]

  • Monteith Trees of Tribute

    On Arbor Day, July 1944, Trees of Tribute were planted alongside the Monteith Institute, in Monteith, South Australia, by the school and institute committee “for all the airmen and soldiers enlisted from the settlement” in World War Two. (“News From Rural Centres” The Advertiser, 22 July 1941, p. 5. <http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article45015295>) Can Read more [...]

  • Belvidere Memorial Grove

    Sixteen Aleppo Pines were planted at Belvidere, at the junction of Milang and Langhorne Creek Roads, on Saturday the 1st of July, 1944, in honour of the local men who served in World War Two. The relatives of the men planted the trees and shared afternoon tea in the Belvidere Read more [...]

  • Renmark Avenue of Honour

    After public calls for donations towards the cost of palm trees, an avenue of Washingtonia filifera (Cotton Palm) was planted on 11th September 1915, along the banks of the Murray River adjacent to Murray Avenue. “The dual purpose of the tree was to beautify the town and commemorate the brave Read more [...]

  • Soldiers Memorial Avenue

    “For every soldier a tree, for every tree a plaque” The Soldier’s Memorial Avenue forms part of the Queens Domain in Hobart Tasmania. It is an Avenue of Honour comprising 520 trees planted in 1918 and 1919 to commemorate soldiers, mainly from Hobart, who died in World War I (the Read more [...]

  • Finch Hatton Avenue of Honour

    The Finch Hatton War Memorial was erected on 19 November 1921, and it is possible that it may never have been officially unveiled. It was erected at a cost of 200 which was paid for by public subscription. The stone memorial was designed and produced by Melrose and Fenwick of Read more [...]

  • Berridale Memorial Park

    Berridale Memorial Park was established in memory of those who served in World War One. The Berridale Memorial Park was officially opened by Mr W.W. Hedges M.L.A. (Monaro) on the 10th November 1935. The work in the park was done by the Snowy River sub-branch of the Returned Soldiers League Read more [...]